Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Go, Stop, Then?

After all these weeks of traveling from one place to another, I´m in one place now for five whole days, with nothing in particular to do. I´m in Montserrat, Spain, and I´ve been here before, so it´s not like I have to explore all the great sights. I do have to go walking on these wonderful mountains, and I do have to do something "spiritual", since this is such a spiritual place, but this moment is about stopping, gathering myself for a return to normal life, whatever that might be.

I just got an email message from the yogi I met in Mexico City, reminding me that I want to be home so I can tell people about his work with the street kids of his town. Yesterday, while I was visiting with two of the leaders of the Madrid UU congregation (very small, but strong), I received a copy of their service for this Sunday and I thought, "how can I use this?" I confess, I talked with Mike Palmer on the phone to get an update on church politics so I can be prepared for re-entry, and I´ve been in touch with Cyn to keep abreast of the pastoral care landscape. Talking with Cyn also makes me want to be home so I can check in with folks in person

Television here includes CNN in English. In Madrid, TV was totally Spanish and all about Rafa Nadal, the new and Spanish world champion tennis player, and of course Real Madrid, who just won the Spanish national football championship. With a little Basque separatism on the side. So with the help of TV, re-entry is starting to happen. June 30, I should be back in New Hampshire, and I´m hoping to bring body, mind, and spirit all at once!

No comments: